The MSO course provides the operator with the necessary skills and qualification needed to undertake employment in the role of MSO in the Maritime Security industry.
- 5 day course for operators new to the role.
- 2 day course for experienced practitioner programme (EPP).
Teaching is through instructional presentations, peer discussion, simulator practice and review. The unique aspect of the course is the use of the 360° simulator to allow realistic scenarios to be practiced to evaluate the use of
force and MSO/crew interaction continuum.
4 assessments carried out on course
Assessment is by formal tests in 5 areas:
1. Understand the Maritime Security Environment
2. Pre Deployment Preparations
3. Operations and Duties of an MSO
4. Post Incident Management
5. Chart Work
- 5 Day Course – nil
- 2 Day Course – experienced in the MSO sector, previous training in MSO
Former Royal Marines and MSO instructors.