Minimum age of 18 years and must have a minimum of 12 months seatime.
This course is suitable for seafarers who are about to serve, or are already serving as either a safety representative or a safety officer. This training is intended to meet the requirements set out in the IMO Model course 3.11 and
the Code of Safe Working Practice for Merchant Seafarers (CoSWP). This course addresses both accident prevention and accident investigation.
- Understanding the duties and responsibilities of the Ship Safety Officer.
- Legal framework for safety on board ship.
- Understanding the ISM code and the ships Safety Management System.
- Ship board accidents and incidents.
- Risk Assessments, assessing, minimising and eliminating hazards.
- Accident Investigation Process.
- Understanding the importance of Safety Committee Meetings.