The ECDIS Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Log provides the professional Deck Officer with a practical, career-spanning record of shore and seagoing ECDIS training.
While providing evidence of continuous training, these records are supported by two extensive sections containing question and answer aptitude tests for self-assessment.
Bound in a compact durable leather folder, the ECDIS Continuous Professional Development Log is divided into three clear and distinct Parts.
The first Part sets out tabulated records of experience and training at sea including CBT, practical and online tests, generic and type-specific training and advanced training. The section also supports and facilitates assessment to prove that the user is familiar with the onboard ECDIS system’s operation.
Parts 2 and 3 provide 340 pages of supporting aptitude tests, in a concise question and answer format, including general ECDIS knowledge, legislation, performance standards, terms and symbology.
Part 1 – ECDIS Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Log
1 – Record of ECDIS Training
- Table 1 Practical Experience of ECDIS at Sea
- Table 2 Record of Generic ECDIS Training
- Table 3 Record of Type-Specific ECDIS Training
- Table 4 Record of Onboard ECDIS Familiarisation Training
- Table 5 Advanced and Other ECDIS Courses
- Table 6 ECDIS Computer-Based Training (CBT)
- Table 7 ECDIS Practical Assignments
- Table 8 ECDIS Online Test Results
2 – Practical Use of ECDIS
- Menu Structure and Functions
- System Configuration
- Chart Loading, Installation and Updating
- Chart Settings and Display Setup
- Safety Settings
- Route Planning
- User Map and Manual Updates
- Route Monitoring
- Alarms and Warnings
Part 2 & Part 3– Aptitude Tests for ECDIS Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- ECDIS General Knowledge
- ECDIS Legislation
- ECDIS Performance Standards
- Electronic Charts
- Abbreviations Used in ECDIS
- Terms Used in ECDIS
- Symbology Used in ECDIS
- Practical ECDIS Knowledge
- ECDIS Ltd Courses
Title: ECDIS Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Log
Product Code: WS1425K
ISBN: ISBN 13: 978-1-85609-626-3 (9781856096263), ISBN 10: 1-85609-626-2 (1856096262)
Published Date: January 2014