IMO Model Course 6.09
This training is intended to meet the requirements set out in the IMO Model course 6.09, Training Course For Instructors.
The object of this course is to provide the knowledge and skills for trainees to administer, supervise and monitor training and assessment of seafarer competence in accordance with the provisions of section A-1/6 of the STCW.
Trainees will gain an understanding of preparation of effective teaching and instruction, selection of appropriate methods of instruction and teaching materials and the evaluation of the teaching and learning process.
- Training Course for Instructors Introduction
- The Role of the Instructor and Teaching Methods
- Basic Communication Skills
- Effective use of Teaching Aids
- A Systems Approach to Training
- Designing Effective Lessons
- Classroom Assessment Techniques
- The Classroom Environment
- Co-Teaching Approaches
- Aligning Learning Outcomes, Learning Activities and Practical Assessment
- Effective Feedback
- Training Evaluation
- Quality Assurance in Training Management
The Training Course For Instructors programme is open to all deck and engineer officers who are qualified in the technical aspects for which training is to be conducted.
Validity of Certificate
Trainees, who have successfully completed the IMO model course 6.09, will be issued with a Training Course For Instructors certificate.