This two day OPITO approved training course, is designed to introduce the fundamental safety elements of the offshore oil and gas industry.
Delegates will gain an understanding and an appreciation of potential hazards, how to control and minimise such hazards and how to measure the risks involved.
- Introduction to the Hazardous Offshore Environment
- Safety Observations and Working Safely
- Risk Assessments
- Permits to Work
- Personal Responsibility
- Manual Handling Techniques
- Controlled Use of Hazardous Substances
- Working at a Height
- Awareness of Mechanical Lifting Appliances
No previous qualifications are required to attend this course.
Validity of Certificate
This certificate is valid for UK waters and other areas where OPITO courses are accepted. Reassessment via OPITO’s online assessment, will take place every four years or more frequently if delegates have not worked offshore for at least 12 months.